Sonobot Autonomous Hydrographic Survey Vehicle
EvoLogics Sonobot - an autonomous unmanned surface vehicle for hydrographic surveys
With high usability in mind, the autonomous EvoLogics SONOBOT unmanned surface vehicle was developed to provide surveyors, service providers and researchers with a smart lightweight solution for hydrographic surveys and other applications in harbors and inland waters.
SONOBOT design objectives were usability, robustness and versatility, paired with high-performance of the on-board sensors.
SONOBOT is a small, simple and usable platform for planning and executing a hydrographic survey that can deliver accurate geo-referenced bathymetric measurements and high-quality imagery with minimum transport, launch and recovery efforts.
Specifically for the SONOBOT, EvoLogics utilized the patented S2C broadband communication technology to build an advanced single-beam echo sounder, capable of delivering precise and accurate depth measurements even in very shallow waters. The side scan sonar, GPS system and other equipment options were pre-selected among commercial off-the-shelf products to best fit the SONOBOT platform and offer the user the best configuration for his particular requirements.
- Differential GPS for high-accuracy cartography (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo)
- Side-scan sonar option
- Integrated camera for operation in remote locations and surveillance
- Fast access to points of interest, accurate maneuvers and efficient area scanning
with precisely controllable hydro jet thrusters
- Batteries for over 10 hours of operation (at optimum operation speed)
- Software for field operation and data processing with visual georeferenced representation
- Autonomous and radio controlled operation modes
- Wi-Fi communication (GPRS/UMTS)
- On-board data logging, wireless transmission on demand
- Exchangeable supports for increased stability
- Carbon fiber floaters, corrosion-free materials, resistant to seawater and industrial waste water
- Fast assembly without special tools
- Can be handled by a single person
- Fits into a car trunk compartment for transport
- Bathymetry and seafloor imaging in ports, harbors and inland waters
- Locating archeological artifacts, wrecks
- Exploring shallow waters, natural reserves, restricted or hard-to-reach areas
- Regular examinations of underwater infrastructure
- A Sonobot with built-in S2C R USBL Transceiver is a great solution for calibrating the baseline of an LBL positioning system
Search and recovery
Sonobot was developed in cooperation with GEO-DV Gmbh.